Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Frankenstein~poor monster

"Felix darted forward, and with supernatural force tore me from his father, to whose knees I clung: in a transport of fury, he dashed me to the ground and struck me violently with a stick." p. 97

I kind of saw the rejection of the family coming, but it was still sad. I just don't see how creating another monster will really help the monster. How is he going to teach his new friend french? The difference in thier intelligence will cause quite a strain on their communication and relationship. Shelley really pieces the novel together to make everything work out. The De Lacey's are exiled from their country and are forced to move into a cottage. The family also happens to receive Safie, so they have to teach her the language. The father of the family is blind, which allows the monster to get closer to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment