Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Kite Runner: Farid's outburst

"But Farid's face had flushed red, his lips pulled back in a snarl. 'I'm killing him! You can't stop me! I'm killing him!'" (p.256) I think that Farid's outburst mirrors the feelings that many of the Afghani people are holding inside themselves. They have to suppress their feelings for fear of being shot. Farid's emotions overcame him and he went crazy becuase he knew he could. For once, he didn't have to worry about being killed for yelling out against something that is wrong. Ultimately, Farid's outburst won't do anything to help. The people are stuck in a situation where they have nowhere to go. I would like to know what Farid would do if he was in the orphanage manager's position. Violence has broken out everywhere and those who would not normally use violence to help solve their problems are starting to believe that violence is the only way to bring about a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment